# Gateway API
Waves.Exchange enables transfers of cryptocurrencies between Waves and other blockchains. The Gateway API provides the information required for transactions:
- Deposit – transfer cryptocurrencies to Waves account.
- Withdraw – transfer cryptocurrencies to address on external blockchain.
You can use API to retrieve:
- Movements history - paginated list of the deposits/withdrawals or one particular record.
- Platforms list - paginated list of platforms supported by Waves.Exchange deposit/withdrawal or one particular platform info.
- Crosschain supply consistency - confirmed, pending and total balance of the specified asset in Waves and Ethereum blockchain.
# API Access
Use the following URL for API requests:
Input and output data is transmitted in the body of the request and response in JSON format. All data is UTF-8 encoded.
The following methods require access token:
For more information about access token see the Access Token article.